Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Seriously?

Well...  I was tired of never having anything going on in my life when I lived in Charleston, now I have too much going on.  Be careful what you wish for.

Since moving to Oklahoma, my mom had a debilitating stroke, my brother is battling cancer, my youngest addict son has moved here with me, and a huge tornado has completely destroyed the city of Moore.  We have had severe thunder storms every day for a week.

Life is no longer boring.  Quite the opposite.

My mother is fading fast.  Her mind and body are slipping every day.

My brother has a good prognosis, I think.  I hope.

My son is clean and sober.  At least he has been for the past week.  One day at a time, as they say.

So with all the bad things happening, good things are as well.  My sisters and I have reconnected through all this mess, so that has been very good.

Sometimes it seems for every step forward, I take two steps backward.  But if I really take a good look at life, there have been more good things happening than bad.  I am so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful people.  No matter what happens, I feel I have people to turn to who will give me the love and support I need.  You don't get that everywhere.  Okies are really the best people in the world.

So now I'm thinking I really don't need any more things going on in my life.  In fact, I think I would really like to go back to the days of nothing going on.

Hear that, Universe?   I really want smooth sailing from now on.  No drama, no crisis, no sorrow.

Seriously.





No comments: