Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Continuing Saga

While the kids and grand kids were in town, my brother left with his girlfriend to visit her in Arkansas.   About a week or so into his visit, he became ill and had to be taken to the hospital where they found a tumor on his brain.  His prognosis is good, he says.  I guess that is to be determined.

Meanwhile, his son has moved to Oklahoma City to help out with things.  My nephew is a saint.

I hate that he has to take care of mother's affairs, but my brother and mother arranged it that my two sisters and I are completely out of the loop.  We have no authority or say so on any of mother's stuff, so no one but my nephew is taking care of things.    I feel sorry for him because not only is he taking care of mother's affairs, but now he is taking care of my brother too.  Like I said, he's a saint.

I'm looking for a place to live.  It's amazing to me that in Oklahoma City, of all places, I can't find a place to live.  The leases I have found that I would live in are either rented before I get to them, or they don't take cats.  My search continues.

I am also looking to take a trip.  I am thinking of Charleston first then the Bahamas.   I need a vacation.

So on it goes.  Every day is some new hell right now.  I know time will take care of it all and this is temporary, but it feels like forever.

No comments: